close menu
This website uses cookies to store your accessibility preferences. No personal / identifying information is stored. More info.

Frequently Asked Questions

Veteran Home Rehabilitation Program

How do I obtain my DD214?
Show Low VA Office or request for it online at

Housing Improvement Program (HIP)

I applied for HIP a long time ago and why was I not selected?
Applicants don’t realize that the selection is made by point system, applicant with the highest points is selected and one applicant is selected per year.

Human Resource

What do I need to turn in with my employment application?
  1. 3 current reference letters (non-related) - required
  2. High School Diploma or equivalent - required
  3. Copy of Driver License or ID - required
  4. Any certificates or certifications - optional

Please put a complete mailing address and phone number
How long is my employment application good for?
All employment applications are good for 6 months since submittal.
How will I be notified of my application status?
  • If your application is incomplete, you received a letter through the mail with a list of missing documents.
  • If your application is completed and has been selected, you will receive a call from WMAHA Human Resource Department or you will received a letter through the mail.
When will I be notified if I submit my employment application for a Force Account job opening like carpentry?
As soon as application is completed and if selected you will get a phone call.
(Keep in mind, Force Account job positions are on a waiting period up to four months).
Can I volunteer at WMAHA through WIOA or other tribal programs?
Yes, please contact WMAHA Human Resource Department.
Can I have copies of documents I submitted with my application (#) months ago?
Yes and No, all documents you submitted to WMAHA are now WMAHA property.
You need to submit in writing which documents you would like copies of that have your signature and it will need to get approval to release information.
How often are new jobs posted?
New jobs are posted when vacancies become available.
Where can I turn in my employment application?
You can drop them off at any WMAHA office in Whiteriver, McNary or Cibecue. You may also submit your application by email to
Can I file a complaint on a WMAHA employee?
Yes, please address the complaint in writing to the employee’s immediate supervisor and leave a name and phone number. Forward a copy of the complaint to WMAHA Human Resource Department. (WMAHA only handles written complaints).

Housing Management

How many days can I stay in emergency housing?
90 days
How many pets are allowed?
Where am I at on the waiting list?
Head of Household will have to call in.
Who can I contact to reserve the community building?
Call 928-338-4831

Fort Apache Community Building
Lorencita Cosay

McNary Community Building
Kaneshea Bourke 
Lenifer James

$100 desposit due (Money Order or Check)

Resident Service Program (ROSS)

When is the next CPR?
January 5, 2022, at Fort Apache Community Building. 
Do you offer free tax prep?
Yes, starts February 2022.
What is Liberty High School?
Adult High School Program. This is an accredited high school in Globe, AZ.
Is there a age limit to participate with Liberty High School?
Yes, 22 years and older. Must have at least (5) high school credits. 
Is there a waiting list for Liberty High School?
Is there a fee for Liberty High School?
Yes, student registration only. WMAHA pays the rest.
Does ROSS help tenants with utilities, rent, tuition, etc.?
No, but ROSS can refer you to other entities who are able to help. Tuition, only at Liberty High School. 

Tenant Accounts Management

When is my rent due?
Rent is due ON or BEFORE the 1st of the month, per your tenant lease agreement.
Can payment be taken over the phone?
How do I make my house payment?
Cash, Debit, Credit Card, Money Order, Personal Check ($40 returned-check fee)

You are able to make a payments at any  Housing Authority Location (Whiteriver, McNary, CBQ)